“The greatest source of our Self Esteem is to recover the genius we are, that society has trained us to forget” – Mark Kahn
- Hundreds of women have told me about the problems they are experiencing in the workplace, which are impacting on their Self Esteem.
- The most common ones are:
- Feeling anxious at work
- Having trouble with their superior
- Feeling disempowered/inadequate at work
- Dealing with difficult people at work, especially in meetings, with dominating bullies!
- Working in an aggressive environment
- Dealing the gender discrimination
- In order to reach out to more people to improve their self-esteem and thereby achieve more success, I’ve decided to offer an online course called Activating Self Esteem for Women. I spent the last 12 months developing an online course – based on decades of work – and I now want to do a beta test of the online course before Iaunching, to ensure that the course content and delivery is effective. I will use the feedback from the beta test to fine tune the course before launching.
What people are saying about Mark Kahn…
“I understood that I was in the wrong work environment and you made me realise that it wasn’t all my fault… I would recommend you to people who want more of a goal-oriented form of therapy as well as people who need to work on their Self Esteem.”
Gia Conte-Patel – Product Manager
“Before doing Mark’s work, I would always be trying to get people to like me. I would put their happiness, needs and wants before my own. It left me feeling hollow and unfulfilled. After the work I now see myself as full. It is from this place that I am able to give myself more authentically, my relationships have more meaning and I am able to connect on a deeper level.”
Kate Reymond – Senior Media Buyer
“I am able to better prepare for meetings and presentations by getting into my power. I now understand my reluctance to change/challenge and can breathe through the discomfort – usually experienced with forceful people. I speak up in meetings often and walk into them with more confidence. I keep referring you to all my friends. I love your ‘real’ approach. You have freed my from so many societal constraints.”
Cara Spies – Marketing Manager
“I have seen numerous psychologists…and none have helped me release my heavy baggage quite like Dr Mark has…he is talented, brilliant, calming, wonderful, assertive, gentle, empathetic, and caring. This work enabled the weight of my baggage to lessen until I felt free of everything that was bringing me down. I am a better functioning human in my day to day life. I view myself more confidently and have more Self Esteem. I have gained a certain level of belief in myself to be able to reach my goals and aspirations in my next career path.”
Claudia Loreiro – Business owner
Presenting the Activating Self Esteem for Women (Overcoming Challenges in the Workplace) online course
Activating Self Esteem for Women teaches you how to achieve profound self-esteem and thereby live up to your potential in the workplace so you can:
- Identify and release negative emotions and beliefs that limit you, thus helping you to move from a state of contraction to a state of expansion.
- Identify and own your genius traits so that you can believe in your unique specialness which can be extraordinarily useful under pressure.
- Identify and strengthen your boundaries and thereby move towards love and power.
How this course works!
- There are 6 modules. Each module has some theory and then practical exercises.
- The practical work is critical. The better your focus around the practice, the more you will get out of the course.
- You are investing time and money into this and I have no doubt that you want to get the absolutely best value from it.
- There are 3 essential elements we will be working with. Feelings, thoughts and behaviour. We have about 60,000 thoughts a day, that’s about 1 every second!
- The more you can bring focus to the exercises, the better you will do.
- If focus is a problem for you, you can learn to ‘let go’ using the Emotional Releasing module of all of the negative emotions that obscure your focus.
- We are thus predominantly focused on the mind and the feelings that are generated by these thoughts.
- Behaviour, what we do, is critical. Life is not just lived in the mind, it has to be lived in the world, through action, there’s no escaping that.
- Each module is designed to take one week. 20 minutes a day will do it. Just think how much time you devote to your work. 8,10,12 or 14 hrs a day. Just 20 minutes a day for 6 weeks, to change your life.
The course modules are as follows:
- Module 1: Emotional Releasing
Identifying and releasing negative emotions and beliefs that limit your Self-Esteem. This module focuses on the feeling aspect.
- Module 2: Activating your Genius
Identifying and owning your genius traits. Also focuses on the feeling aspect.
- Module 3: Cultivating Wisdom
Identifying your toxic beliefs to become free of guilt and shame. Focuses on the mind, to release the mental obstacles to mastery and great Self-Esteem.
- Module 4: Activating your Boundaries
Identifying the quality of your boundaries and how to strengthen them. Focuses on the feeling/thinking process inside the body.
- Module 5: Living your Boundaries
Becoming skilful in the way your boundary is expressed by giving you a method for living them. Focuses on behaviour/action, and combines feelings and thoughts.
- Module 6: Risk vs Avoidance
Moving from avoiding situations that scare you to risking more often, to become more confident, alive and energised. Focuses on action, taking risk.
- I am offering the course as a beta test to a maximum of 10 people on a first come first served basis.
- The course has six modules and will be offered via email over six weeks, starting from 2 May 2019.
- Unlike for the online course, I will be accessible via email for six week duration to answer any questions you may have.
- The course will be significantly discounted at R500. Once the course is offered publicly, following the beta test, I envisage the online course will be priced at thousands of Rands.
- The course modules will include content in pdf format, audio clips and worksheets.
- Please email me asap on email@example.com should you be interested in participating in the beta test. Note, the beta test will only be offered to 10 people.
What makes the Activating Self Esteem for Women course different?
- Methods based on a combination of text, audio and worksheets
- You learn in bite sized chunks, with a view to mastering each section before moving on to the next section
- Although the course provides information, it’s not an info dump. The focus is on practical application.
- The issue with a lot of information generally is that it is not easily executable. We focus on a series of steps so that skills maybe developed.
The course is designed for achieving outstanding results
- You don’t just get notes and a little nudge
- If you don’t want to grow in your life, then this course is not for you
- This is not for you if you don’t want to put in the time and work – 20 minutes per day for 6 weeks is what’s required.
Who is this course for?
- Career women
- Those with low confidence
- Those who deal with difficult people and autocratic bullies in the workplace
- Those facing challenges in the workplace
Intro to Mark Kahn
Mark has been a Clinical Psychologist for 35 years and a Management Consultant for 20 years. He has dedicated decades to his personal transformation and to activating the highest potential and fulfilment in his clients, on multiple levels; in their personal lives, in their relationships, in their careers as leaders, managers, partners, parents…in all realms that have meaning and relevance for them.
He is an expert in the arena of Self Esteem and recently published a book entitled “Love Yourself For No Reason”. He has a commerce degree and a Masters in Clinical Psychology. He has consulted to the United Nations World Food Programme in Rome in the field of traumatic stress and is a past member of the faculty of the University of Stellenbosch Business School. He is a certified Demartini Method facilitator, a certified level 2 TRE facilitator, a level 2 BWRT facilitator and an advanced EMI practitioner.